Christmas is coming! Nights are earlier, darker, and colder. Here are some Fun Friday Ideas for you to do with your kids this first weekend of December!
1. Go on a nighttime tour of your neighborhood – Fabulous lights bedeck a lot of homes this early in the Christmas season. Go for a nighttime stroll, or ride your car, and pick your own favorites.
2. Make special Christmas cards – Homemade gifts rock, especially when made by little kids who have nothing to give but their love!
3. Start (or put the finishing touches) on your Christmas decorations – This year, we’re ditching the Christmas tree altogether and will just have our Jesse Tree, an Advent wreath, and some nativity scenes. Decorating with the kids is one way of building and strengthening your family Christian traditions!
4. Wrap gifts together – Kids love to wrap gifts and cut tape. If you teach them patiently, trust them, and let go of the idea of a perfectly-wrapped present, they will be able to wrap a gift on their own.
5. Have a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows – I find myself sipping a mug of hot chocolate almost every afternoon. Topping it with marshmallows is just wonderful. For the kids, a cup of milk, or maybe even hot Milo will elicit excitement as you sit down for your afternoon snacks.