We love children’s books, and we love pre-loved children’s books even better.
With so many wonderful books to read to our children, pre-loved books are the way to go for our book-loving selves without significantly denting our bank accounts.
But of course, we are still choosy. We don’t buy just any pre-loved books. We have standards.
With that said, the books we sell here at The Learning Basket:
- are books that we won’t mind having on our children’s bookshelves (actually some books pegged for selling have mysteriously vanished into it)
- are generally in very good to excellent condition
- have clean (no markings!) inside pages
- have good to excellent covers, unless specifically stated to have scuffed edges (which we personally find acceptable)
- generally have clean (no markings!) covers, unless specifically stated to have a previous owner’s name written on the inside cover
- are wiped clean before being shipped out to you
And hey, you can ask us for an actual photo of the book you’re eyeing to buy, especially when you’re not comfortable with the condition (“with scuffed edges”, “with name/signature in inside cover”, “with sticker in inside cover”).
We hope you find our standards good enough for your children’s bookshelves as well.
And to be formal about it, here’s our Disclaimer:
Please note that the attached photo/s may not be the actual photo/s of the book at hand. Most of the books we are selling are used, unless otherwise specified. While The Learning Basket ensures the quality and condition of each book, please check the book description for possible markings/tears in the product. Full disclosure of the condition of the books are guaranteed.
Here is our condition guide:
- Like New – Usually overstocks from publishers and haven’t really been used. These usually look like new and unused. We just don’t want to claim that it’s new if it’s been sitting in a warehouse for a long time.
- Very Good – Pre-loved or overstocks that look really good, without markings or tears of any kind.
- Good – Pre-loved book that looks Very Good but may have some writing (name) on the inside cover, first page, or back page. Markings are usually indicated too in the book description. Cover may also have a bit of creasing.
In the interest of fairness, we will automatically cancel unpaid orders after a 7 day reservation period. Should you be unable to complete your payment within this period, kindly send us an email at email@example.com to request for an extension.
For other things you should know
Please read our FAQs at thelearningbasket.com/faqs