The fifth book in the Life of Fred Elementary Series; the first book of second-grade material.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- Concurrent Lines
- Parallel Lines
- Right Angles
- Constant Functions
- Median Average
- Writing Larger Numbers with Commas
- Using Logarithms to Solve 2x = 5
- Birdie Rule for Logarithms
- Finding Approximate values for log 5 on a Calculator
- Bar Graphs
- Math Poems
- Greater Than >
- Numbers that Add to 8, 10, and 12
- State Income Tax Rates as Percents
- Rows and Columns of a Matrix
- Quarter of an Hour
- Half Dozen
- The Addition Game Using Playing Cards
- Playing Guess-A-Function
- Six Examples of Functions: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Tangent, and Derivative
- What It Means to Matriculate
- and much more . . .
Life of Fred Edgewood contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.