For thousands of years, children all over the world have listened to popular folktales. Each country has its own set of fascinating stories, and learning those from another part of the world is both entertaining and educational.
Asian Children’s Favorite Stories presents 7 Asian folktales from different countries—China, Japan, Korea, India, the Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia.
The classic stories in this book include:
- Why Cats and Dogs Don’t Get Along (Korea)
- Baka the Cow and Kalabaw the Water Buffalo (Philippines)
- How the Mousedeer Became a Judge (Indonesia)
- Liang and His Magic Brush (China)
- The Lucky Farmer Becomes King (Thailand)
- The Clever Rabbit and Numskull (India)
- The Crane’s Gratitude (Japan)
This multicultural children’s book opens doors to other cultures and engages the imagination.