When do we collect information?
The Learning Basket will/may collect information about you:
- when you register and/or use our services or website, or open an account with us;
- purchase items from our stores;
- when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, contact and registration forms or other forms relating to any of our products or services, whether online or by way of physical form;
- when you interact with us via telephone calls, SMS messages, social media messages, and emails;
- when you carry out transactions through our services;
- when you use our electronic services, or use services on our website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our website;
- when you provide us with feedback or complaints; or
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
What information do we collect?
The personal information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Delivery address
- Email address
- Mobile/landline phone numbers
How do we use personal information?
The personal information we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of our services and/or to access our website;
- To process orders you submit through the website;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through our website. We may pass your personal information on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier);
- To update you on the status of your order and for customer support purposes;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account (if any) with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the website and application and customise them for users; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- In exceptional circumstances, The Learning Basket may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
We may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the abovementioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing your account and our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed necessary by The Learning Basket. In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, The Learning Basket take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations.
We do not engage into the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties.
How can you opt-out, withdraw your consent, modify, or remove the information you have provided to us?
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
How do we secure personal data?
The Learning Basket ensures that your data is safe with us. We provide security measures to safeguard your information, including but not limited to:
- restricting access to personal information
- providing technology to prevent unauthorized computer access
- securely destroying personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
- using encryption technology when processing financial details
How long do we keep your personal data for?
The Learning Basket reserves the right to keep your personal information as mandated by law.
- computer’s IP address
- browser type
- webpage you visited before our website
- pages within our website that you visited
- time spent on those pages, items, and information searched within our website, access times and dates, and other statistics
Linking to other websites / third party content
We wish to provide value to our customers, so we may choose various third party websites to link to, and frame within, our website. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our visitors. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
How to contact us?
If you have any complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with Privacy Laws, we encourage you to label the subject of your email as “Privacy Complaint” so we can address it swiftly and accordingly.